The mission of the Chatham County Council on Aging is to promote and encourage independent living and physical and mental wellness through agency activities among the population over 60 years of age. Our responsibilities within our community are to:
- Provide home-based services, including in home aide, home delivered meals and minor home repair, that enable older adults to live independently in their own homes and avoid premature and costly institutionalization.
- Provide health, wellness, nutrition, recreation and social programs and activities at both senior centers to support older adults living independently.
- Offer quality information and referral programs to support older adults and caregivers in maintaining a high quality of life in the community.
- Collaborate with health and human services agencies, educational institutions, volunteers and professionals to extend health care access to underserved older adults throughout the County.
- Advocate for older adults and their caregivers in the allocation of community resources and funding and in health-related and long term care legislative issues.
- Promote the development of a trained and capable local health care workforce.